Posts Tagged ‘Trolley Car Diner’
1. Take a hike – The lush green of Chestnut Hill and its many trails, parks and neighborhoods beckons this time of year. Just step out your door and a scenic and healthy walk await you.
2. Stroll the avenue – Chestnut Hill businesses are open for summer strollers and guests. Grab a coffee (iced!) and engage in some retail therapy. By walking up and down the hill, you’ll burn off the calories.
3. Enjoy the arts – housed in a 19th century stone Victorian mansion, Woodmere Art Museum is home to more than 2,500 works of art. Just browsing through the six acres of grounds will give you a great walk and workout.
4. Smell the flowers – Morris Arboretum is in full bloom and its trees provide lovely shade on hot days. Get your heart rate up (and your gardening fix) with a walk around its 92 acres.
5. Experience the theater – watching a play can help engage and exercise your mind. Check out Stagecrafters Theater, a local theatrical organization based in Chestnut Hill that’s running several shows this summer.
6. Hit the ice – on hot days, nothing sounds better than a workout on ice, right? Head to the Wissahickon Skating Club for some rink time.
7. Read a book – the Chestnut Hill Free Library continues its kids’ story hour on Thursday mornings at 10:30am and there’s a full summer calendar of events for more mature readers, as well. There are plenty of books about healthy eating and exercise to check out.
8. Bike the trails – Forbidden Drive beckons! A bike ride along the Wissahickon Creek is both gorgeous and great for your health. Just don’t forget your helmet and some water.
9. Slow down – Take a moment to relax, breathe and maybe even meditate. The summer is flying by us, so be sure to enjoy it with a few moments of centered reflection.