Posts Tagged ‘19118’
1. Take a hike – The lush green of Chestnut Hill and its many trails, parks and neighborhoods beckons this time of year. Just step out your door and a scenic and healthy walk await you.
2. Stroll the avenue – Chestnut Hill businesses are open for summer strollers and guests. Grab a coffee (iced!) and engage in some retail therapy. By walking up and down the hill, you’ll burn off the calories.
3. Enjoy the arts – housed in a 19th century stone Victorian mansion, Woodmere Art Museum is home to more than 2,500 works of art. Just browsing through the six acres of grounds will give you a great walk and workout.
4. Smell the flowers – Morris Arboretum is in full bloom and its trees provide lovely shade on hot days. Get your heart rate up (and your gardening fix) with a walk around its 92 acres.
5. Experience the theater – watching a play can help engage and exercise your mind. Check out Stagecrafters Theater, a local theatrical organization based in Chestnut Hill that’s running several shows this summer.
6. Hit the ice – on hot days, nothing sounds better than a workout on ice, right? Head to the Wissahickon Skating Club for some rink time.
7. Read a book – the Chestnut Hill Free Library continues its kids’ story hour on Thursday mornings at 10:30am and there’s a full summer calendar of events for more mature readers, as well. There are plenty of books about healthy eating and exercise to check out.
8. Bike the trails – Forbidden Drive beckons! A bike ride along the Wissahickon Creek is both gorgeous and great for your health. Just don’t forget your helmet and some water.
9. Slow down – Take a moment to relax, breathe and maybe even meditate. The summer is flying by us, so be sure to enjoy it with a few moments of centered reflection.
Greetings Friends and Fans of Empirical Point Acupuncture,
I know you’ve been thinking: Empirical Point is awfully quiet lately. We’ve been busy getting the new Chestnut Hill office up and running!
That’s right, your premier center for acupuncture and Oriental medicine has a new address in Philadelphia: 40 W. Evergreen Avenue (Suite 112) in Chestnut Hill. Just over a mile from our former location in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia, our new home offers enhanced comfort and convenience to upgrade your acupuncture experience.
Nestled in Fairmount Park, Chestnut Hill is a beautiful corner of Philadelphia — a charming, relaxed setting for your acupuncture session. Fringe benefits include proximity to Metropolitan Bakery, Valley Green and a handful of places you need to go anyway: banks, post office, the co-op, coffee shop, cheese shop, CAKE… Chestnut Hill is soon to be your favorite Philadelphia neighborhood!
Everyone is loving the new space. The professional office suite (LEED certification pending) is located on W. Evergreen Avenue, right off of Germantown Avenue in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia, a quick/convenient commute from Flourtown, Wyndmoor, Lafayette Hill, Wyncote, Ambler and other suburbs. Expanded parking options, handicapped accessibility and proximity to SEPTA bus and train stops are just a few of the ways it is now easier for you to receive the benefits of regular acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
Come and see!